Nick Morris Artist CV
Nick Morris graduated from Monash University (Caulfield, Australia) in 1986 with a Diploma in Graphic Design.
He has worked in the Street / Surf / Art subculture since creating clothing label “UMGAWA” in 1990. Morris then worked as art director for Quiksilver before launching his “Anyhow” design company in Torquay. He went on to produce art for Paul Frank, Stussy, Mambo, Mossimo, etc, and was a guest speaker at both the Semi Permanent and AGideas Art and Design conferences.
In 2007, Morris turned his back on commercial work to embrace a career as a full time artist. He has been prolific and devoted ever since. He works with acrylics, collage and screenprints, using images from post-war popular culture, Australiana and his own photographs.
He also collaborates with fellow artist Dave Bowers, under the name Doug Bartlett.
Morris has sold out shows around the globe with his solo and collaborative works.
- SHANHAI ART FAIR China October 2012
- JACKMAN GALLERY Melbourne August 2013
- ART MELBOURNE May 2012
- AFNYC New York City April 2012
- HOGAN GALLERY Melbourne March 2012
- LONDON ART FAIR London January 2012
- SALT GALLERY Queenscliff 2012
- ART TORONTO Toronto Canada October 2011
- LINTON & KAY Perth August 2011
- SALT GALLERY Queenscliff Aprill 2011
- RETROSPECT GALLERIES Gold Coast February 2011
- GREENWOOD GALLERY November 2010
- ART SYDNEY November 2010
- SPACEJUNK FRANCE November 2010
- IAIN DAWSON GALLERY November 2010
- AAFNYC New York September 2010
- SEVENTY SEVEN GALLERY Austin Texas USA June 2010
- HARRISON GALLERY Sydney June 2010
- ART MELBOURNE April 2010
- GALLERY ON STURT Ballarat February 2010
- ART WHINO MD USA February 2010
- UFO GALLERY. Hong Kong. January 2010.
- ART SYDNEY. October 2009
- GLOBAL BOOM. Retrospect gallery Byron Bay Sept. 2009
- ART MELBOURNE. April 2009
- FREE RADICALS. Greenwood Gallery Melbourne March 2009
- BULLET PROOF. Harrison Gallery Sydney February 2009
- COOPER GALLERY. Noosa Heads January 2009
- TIGERFISH GALLERY. Torquay December 2008
- SPRING ST GALLERY. Sydney November 2008
- ART SYDNEY. October 2008
- YERING STATION. Victoria August 2008
- HARRISON GALLERY. Sydney June 2008
- ART BRISBANE. May 2008
- ART MELBOURNE April 2008
- GREENWOOD GALLERY LORNE. April 2008
- GAFFER GALLERY HONG KONG. March 2008
- HOGAN GALLERY. Melbourne March 2008
- SPACEJUNK GALLERY. France January 2008
- BRUNSWICK ST GALLERY. December 2007
- ART SYDNEY. Doug Bartlett Stand October 2007
- TIGER FISH GALLERY. Torquay September 2007
- HO GALLERY. August 2007
- FRESH GALLERY. May 2007
- ART MELBOURNE. April 2007
- SEMI PERMANENT GROUP SHOW. July 2006
- (CHINA HEIGHTS. Sydney)
- (THE BAKERY. Perth)
- (REVOLVER. Melbourne)
- WHITEWASH GROUP SHOW. Torquay. April 2006.
- IDN Hong Kong Magazine March 2012
- THE COURIER July 2011
- HERALD SUN WEEKEND May 2011
- HERALD SUN HOME MAGAZINE September 2010
- SUNDAY AGE HOME April 2010
- GT Magazine March 2010
- SPACEJUNK MAGAZINE France 2009/2010
- Q MAGAZINE. Issue 56. April 2009
- SURFERS JOURNAL. France February / March 2009.
- SPACEJUNK MAGAZINE. France 2007-2008
- NEWS HOUR. ABC television. Aust. Asia. India and Pacific. April 2008.
- JET STAR. in flight Magazine. 2008.
- AG ideas Book. Melbourne. 2008.
- OYSTER MAGAZINE. Sydney. Issue 75. 2008
- THE RED FLAG / USELESS MAGAZINE. Germany. 2008
- WATIM. (We are the image makers). On line magazine. Issue 12. 2007.
- KINGBROWN MAGAZINE. Perth. Issue 2. 2007.
- DESKTOP MAGAZINE. Melbourne. Issue 223. 2006. (Cover)
- EMPTY MAGAZINE. Sydney. Issue 8. 2006.
- MAVIOLOGY MAGAZINE. Istanbul. 2005.
- SEMI-PERMANENT BOOK. Sydney. 2005. 2006.
- SEMI-PERMANENT BOOK. New York. 2005.
- FREMANTLE ARTS CENTRE PRINT AWARD finalist 2010.
- DOUG MORAN Collaborative finalist (Under the pseudonym Doug Bartlett) 2010.
- BRUNSWICK STREET GALLERY ART PRIZE Finalist 2009.